history of art.

2. My decisions part one

I am going with my initial idea of the 'artist' I would study for this project.

The artist is Patrick Wolf.

In the past couple of years I have grown very fond of his music. More recently I have met him on a few occasions and know of him through friends and know people who he is friends with. Through friends of friends.
When this project was explained to us we were told to think of a spiders web, with cross overs and links. Some spiralling on to each other for a long time, some with loose ends. Patrick Wolf seemed like not only the most interesting person for me to look at, but also one of the most interesting people I could think about. There is a lot of links he has to a whole 'other world' which is happening in London which I love looking in to. I feel using him as a starting point will bring a whole lot of links.

From this I have been thinking about the institutions I would be most interested in looking at. I think the way I'd like to look at this is to do it in the style of a spider web, with one starting point, central to this and spirals coming out. Institutions would then include clubs which he has d.j'd at, parties he has attended, places he has played at, etcetera.

This would work with journals as well. Rather than looking at journals, I want the decision to come from the 'artist' being in the journal. These journals could range from Dazed and Confused and I.D to NME, music reviews in newspapers- local and worldwide.

I still need to think some more about what medium I will use to present my work. I already have one idea in mind, I'd just like to think about this idea some more and what would work best with what I'm trying to present.

No comments: