history of art.

3. My decisions part two

The main, and nearly only medium I am truely interested in is concept and ideas. I love drawing and photography. But without the concept there they just become something which is 'pretty' to me. There's nothing wrong with liking something because it is pretty, but I've come to the conclusion that there is more in life to liking something because it is pretty/ nice. It seems too easy to be nice and it's just quite meaningless and shallow. I like thinking and I want to be stimulated by work and things going on around me.

My 'favourite' artist who I absolutely adore for the concepts behind her work is Sophie Calle.

I have decided to use Sophie Calle and her concept work as the medium for my work.


Now that I have briefly spoken about what/who I am interested in studying and why I feel that I should explain who these people are and what they do and how I am going to use them to study.

No comments: